Thursday, November 5, 2009

Meet Zoe



Isn't she adorable?? Wouldn't your heart just melt at the latest random trip to the animal shelter and want to adopt her that instant? We thought so, and did, on Monday morning. It wasn't an impulse decision, we've mulled it over for months since we lost our Dais. We know what we've gotten ourselves into. And, happily, the kids and Jax are all adjusting and loving Zoe just as much as we hoped they would. Jax actually PLAYED this afternoon - first time since last May. There's new life in our home - revitalizing change - and we needed it. When Tiana explained to Jax that we got him a sister, I corrected her that Zoe and Jax are friends, not siblings. But then she corrected me by pointing out that she and Luke are brother and sister, and they came from different birthmoms just like Jax and Zoe, so they are brother and sister, too. How can you argue with such logic?

5 comments:

We Are The Davis's said...

Awww how cute!! I hope she is better behaved tahn our chocolate lab!! LOL You guys need to show us how to train your labs. And yes, how do you argue with cute little Tiana!! That is so sweet... she has quite the little head on her shoulders! =)

The Goodrich's said...

Oh sweet Tiana...we love that girl!

And Zoe is indeed adorable, we can't wait to meet her! And I love the name...

braden said...

Hey hey! Congratulations on the new addition! Can't wait to see you guys next month!

Melanie said...

Yippydeedee! Zoe!!! Congrats on the new addition. I want a dog (a Golden Retriever to be precise), but she-who-must-be-obeyed absolutely refuses. I think eventually Me and my boys will win here over, though. We just need a bigger yard...and a house...and a stable home environment. Okay, maybe not for a few more years.
-Randy

Chad and Carole said...

I loved little Zoe's eyes. I don't think we'll need a dog for awhile because my kids will be able to come to your house now to get their fix! Yes!