Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and the Gray

So we took the kids on a mini-vacation to the Homestead in Midway last night, partly to celebrate my 35th birthday (ouch!) and partly to just get out of town. I had high hopes of a beautiful mountain retreat, relaxation, good food, and good cross-country skiing....I've been dying to get out and try skiing with both kids in tow in our awesome Chariot! The quiet seclusion of the Homestead was great, as was the food at Fanny's Grill. We swam, we slept, and we watched TV to Tiana's heart's content. The weather, however, didn't cooperate so much. We awoke to damp drizzle, but doggedly headed out to ski anyway. It is SO annoying that we had to ski in such slush! Thankfully, the rain held off until we were almost done. And, I have to admit that I'd rather be out skiing in slush than sitting around inside on such a gray day as this was. Lunch at the Dairy Keen in Heber cheered our rainy day blues, and at the end of the day, I feel content. Here's to another year....

3 comments:

Woodbury Family said...

Happy Birthday Heidi!!! You are such a cutie and such a good Mom!

The Goodrich's said...

Happy Birthday Heidi! I love Midway, what a fun idea! How did the kids do in the Chariot?

Nicole said...

Happy Happy birthday cutie, sorry I didn't say something on the phone I was kinda side tracked! It sounds like you had a great time. We love the homestead its awesome. I'm working on getting the bean recipee.